The objectives for the conference have been defined
- Assist personal and professional development and the development of new skills for educators.
- Encourage the study and implementation of mobile applications in teaching and learning.
- Facilitate dialogue between technical experts and educators
- Facilitate networking, business and cooperative activities and partnerships.
- Facilitate dialogue and sharing among different cultures with regard to the optimum use of emerging technologies.
- Promote the development of mLearning, globally.
- Provide opportunities for graduate students to network and collaborate with experts in the mLearning field.
- Share local and international developments, experiences and lessons learned.
- Stimulate critical debate on and research into theories, approaches, principles and applications of mLearning.
Topics of interest are:
- Building and implementing mLearning strategies in educational institutions, corporations and government
- Case studies in mLearning
- Cost effective management of mLearning processes
- Creating interactive and collaborative mLearning environments
- Emerging hardware and software for mLearning
- Evaluation in mLearning
- Implementing mLearning
- Informal learning using mobile devices
- Instructional design for mLearning
- Intelligent agents for learning
- Learning objects and metadata for mLearning
- Mass personalization and socialization
- mLearning and mTraining
- mLearning in developing countries
- mLearning management systems (mLMSs)
- mLearning: the next generation
- mLearning: theory and pedagogy
- Open and distance learning (ODL) using mobile devices
- Quality in mLearning
- Social implications of mLearning
- Student support in mLearning
Oct. 22-25, 2006
Other Important Dates
- May 31, 2006
(NOTE: for students wishing to be considered for grant funding, deadline for abstracts is April 1)
- Jul. 31, 2006
Notification of acceptance of abstracts
- Aug.15, 2006
Last date for early bird registration
- Oct. 1, 2006
Full paper and/or slide show for Technology Showcase
- Oct. 1, 2006
Submission of full papers
- Oct. 22, 2006
- Oct. 22-25, 2006
Download (vCal – 1KB)